Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Silat Cekak Ustaz Hanafi

It's probably been 2 months now since I joined Silat Cekak Ustaz Hanafi. I remembered how it all started, I was doing pretty much nothing then I suddenly have the urged about joining silat. Don't know why, cahaya hidayah kot. So I started searching on the net to look for places to learn Silat. The nearest one I could find is at Kota Damansara so I gave the instructor a call and arranged for a meeting. That night I went there and was greeted by the handler and he explained to me about Silat Cekak Ustaz Hanafi as I observe some of the students practicing. Later we went to a mamak shop and had coffee and started talking. So I left him my contact no. and a couple of months later there was a oath taking ceremony.

Up till now I never regreted joining it. Sure it maybe tiring and consume a lot of my time but it is fun and I learned something important. I always had this fear of like 20 people ambushing me. So now I want to prepare myself if that moment ever comes. Seriously this silat is well adapted for fighting purposes and is extremely effective. Even the first movement ( or buah) is cleverly constructed. I used to learn Taekwondo before for years but I knew it is absolutely useless in the line of battle. You have to rely on strength and stamina and pretty much doesnt help if you're being attacked by a gang. It is more suitable on a competition or one on one fight but even then it doesn't give you the higher edge in a fight. This silat is pretty much using the human anatomy, striking at the points and bringing the opponent down to the ground. It's brutal, and the training is rigorous but it is just what I was looking for.

No comments: