Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jackson EVH Randy Rhoads!

Just picked up my superguitar yesterday. Sent it to John Lau again for some modifications. And I have to say I am super happy about it. Changed all the hardware to black since it's almost impossible to get Gold Floyd rose within my budget. But the most interesting part is that I got half of the neck scalloped ( from 13th fret to 24th fret). The first time I played a scalloped guitar is a MIA Fender Stratocaster Yngwie Malmsteen signature. It was so easy to shred fast and don't even talk about the ease of bending. So after that I was determined to get my guitar scalloped but I wanted to keep the inlays on the Jackson. At first I thought the scalloping is gonna scrape the inlays but I was shocked that it didn't. But still, the inlays lost it's shine after that, so luckily I had it half-neck scalloped.


This is the picture of the scalloped frets.



















































Some pictures of the black hardware:















































































Will upload some videos soon.

No comments: