Friday, January 16, 2009

Strat Upgraded!!

Ha ha.... now all you Fender owners cannot mock my Squier anymore. I just changed my pickup to two of the most powerful and influential pickups Dimarzio's have ever produced. First is a Dimarzio YJM ( that stands for Yngwie J. Malmsteen, yes we all know who he is, and if you don't, you're not a real guitarist ) and next is a Dimarzio Tone Zone ( a humbucker, something most of you cannot get on your strat, unless of course you own a fat strat like me, ironic).


Just take a look la wei, that rosewood fretboard looks like ebony.





















And this is the view of my R-Supersponic X-Neck pickup. heh heh.... Got you there. No it's not a Dimarzio YJM but it is modeled after it. Plus it's alnico magnets and handwounded. You can't get that from any of those big pickup labels like Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan or even EMG's. Plus I got it for RM170 which just saves me a couple of hundred bucks than getting one of those big labels. This sound is soft but sharp like A YJM. That's the main reason I bought this pickup, so I could get the clarity and tone while playing Malmsteen at that speed.


















And here comes the Tone Zone. Used by Paul Gilbert and many others, this pickup is one the most common you could see in any modified Ibanez RG. Believe me the popularity of this pickup is not exagerated and it's power is no less impresive. This pickup qualifies to be a high output pickup and it's design to tackle those annoying hum when playing hard music with heavy distortion. Lucky for me I got a used one for RM250 from John's Custom Shop (new one should cost around RM350). I want to get this because when I'm going to modify my strat to be a Frankenstrat, I want something with high power. But need to get floyd rose and maple fretboard first. The cost of building one is enourmous. Maybe 7 months later yeah.


















I also got some new pedals. No Boss one lah, just a Behringer Equalizer and a Beta Aivin Noise Gate. Good enough la. I'm not like you rich bastard indulging on boutique pedals.












3 comments:

nHzWaNiE said...

u had been tagged!!!

nHzWaNiE said...

sweety, my dad oso own kind a lyke dis guitar(i dunno act wat it called.. huhu..).. and now it belong 2 me n ma sis.. unfortunately, v do noe how to play it lor.. later i show u ya.. hehehe..

ariffdude said...

Alrite...ko ada guitar? Bleh pg jamming... tak susah nk blaja ni, aku bleh ajar sikit