Sunday, November 30, 2008

ESQ Seminar!

Just got back from a seminar. It was held on last weekend at Kuala Lunmpur International Hotel. It wasn't really my idea of attending this seminar but I had to since it was made compulsory by my scholar. It was suppose to be a leadership seminar, but after going through the whole process I'm still wondering how is it a leadership seminar? The way I see it, it's more like a religious development to me, but I have to admit it is actually quite good.

ESQ stands for Emotional Spiritual Quotient where this seminar was suppose to build both your spiritual and emotional feelings. But I think they skipped the emotional part all together and concentrate on building you spiritual self. It was meant to plant the seeds of Islam in your heart and raise your confidence towards Allah, the one true god. Well it sure did for me, as it has made me closer to the almighty. I had absolutely no doubt about Allah (well maybe I was starting to doubt Allah for a while), but now I'm glad he gave me a chance for redemption and now I have become become a true believer. The seminar thought me to love Allah more than anyone or anything else on this world and now I certainly did. It was great, not at that moment but after painstakingly going through the seminar, I never felt better. I was miserable before because I thought Allah didn't love me when I faced obstacles in my life, but now I realized Allah will never turn his back on me. God never left us, it's just that we left god.

I do, however, want to comment on the seminar itself. Why do we have to sit on the floor even though the chairs are made available by the hotel? Do the hotel charge the usage of the chairs per hour or something? My back really hurts and it's not good for the posture. And I have to comment on the food and beverages being served. They tasted like something you will find from a pile of trash in Kampung Baru. And another thing is the sound system settings, it was too loud and there was so much treble I felt like my ears was about to explode. Those are the few things that they should check to make the seminar better.

Another rather interesting point I wanted to raise, since it was a religious seminar even though they wouldn't admit it, and it was very pro-Islam (unlimited mentioning and praising to Allah and Nabi Muhammad SAW and lifting quotes from the Quran and Hadith), why was there infidel participants? What even stuns me more is that, after them having went it on the first day, why did they come back for another round? If I was put in their shoes where I was on a Christian or Buddhist seminar, I would walked off just a couple of minutes after the seminar started. I realized the seminar was very heavy and I almost couldn't take it but they, along with me succesfully completed the whole thing. I greatly admire people like that, who has extreme tolerance for another religion.

Allah is in my heart now. I am deeply sorry for all the things that I have done but now I have been given a chance to prove my worthiness. You know, if I had a wish, I wish that I can die fighting in the name of Islam, or syahid. The way of the jihad is the path I want to take. Maybe when the situation arises I will be able to answer Allah's call. ALLAHUAKBAR!!!

1 comment:

nHzWaNiE said...

u hv been tagged..

PART 1
A PICTURE OF ....
1. You
2. You and your Best friends
3. You and your number 1
4. You and your classmates
5. You and your old friends. ( which you used to be close with)
6. You and your kindergarten friend.
7. You and your cousin.
8. You and your siblings.
Who's Next: